Clear Rate Platinum Credit Card
A simple low rate on purchases and balance transfers
To apply you need to be a mainland UK Resident, aged over 18 and earn at least £10,000
How does the Clear Rate Platinum Card work?
Whether you are transferring a balance, making purchases, or both, you'll pay one simple interest rate of 6.9% p.a. (variable).
And, like all credit cards in the UK, you can get up to 56 days interest free credit on purchases. Just pay your balance (and your previous month's balance) in full and on time each month.
Could you save on your interest payments?
Use our quick calculator to get an idea of how much you could save in fees and interest.
Transferring a balance to NatWest
- You can transfer balances of any amount up to 95% of your available credit limit. The minimum balance transfer amount is £100.
- It can take up to 3 weeks to process your application and for payment to reach your other accounts so please make payments to your other cards to keep them up to date and avoid any penalty fees.
- If you have a transferred balance on your account, interest will be charged on any purchases you make from the date they are posted to your account at your standard interest rate.
- Interest on fees and charges is payable in line with our terms and conditions.
- The actual APR you’ll receive will depend on your circumstances and you may receive higher than our standard purchase and balance transfer rate of 6.9% p.a. (variable) upon application. For some customers, the purchase and balance transfer rates will be either 11.9% p.a. (variable) or 14.9% p.a. (variable). See summary box for full details.
Relax, you're in control
You can manage your card with Credit Card Online Services. If you have a current account with us, you can also manage your accounts within Online Banking or on our Mobile Banking app.
Set up alerts to remind you when your next payment is due or to let you know when you are nearing your credit limit.
Frequently asked questions
What are our customers asking?
How does the Annual Fee work?
New customers will be charged £24 when the card is first used (e.g. a Balance Transfer is undertaken or a Purchase made on the card) and then again every 12 months. If you close your account mid-term you will be entitled to a pro-rata refund of the annual fee. The annual fee will not incur interest charges.
Why is the APR different to the interest rate?
Customers will be charged a single interest rate for purchases and balance transfers. The APR (Annual Percentage Rate) is a combination of the interest rate and the £24 annual fee calculated as an interest rate over a 12 month period, based on an assumed credit limit of £1,200. The APR helps you compare the cost of borrowing.
We also quote a Representative APR when we advertise a credit card or borrowing rate. The Representative APR also includes any fees, e.g. annual or monthly fees. The advertised Representative APR is the rate that at least 51% of customers who are offered a credit card will receive.
Is there a limit on the number of balance transfers I can make?
As long as you do not exceed 95% of your available credit limit, you can make any number of balance transfers at any time.
It can take up to 3 weeks to process your application and for payment to reach your other accounts so please make payments to your other cards to keep them up to date and avoid any penalty fees.
The minimum balance transfer amount is £100.
How long does an online application take?
On average it takes about 15 minutes to complete an online application. To ensure you can complete the form accurately, you'll need to know:
- Your address details for the last three years
- Your income and employment details
- Your bank account number and sort code
When will I get my card?
If your application has been approved, we aim to get your new card to you within 5-7 working days.
Can I change my current card to a Clear Rate Platinum Credit Card?
If the Clear Rate Platinum Credit Card suits your needs, you're welcome to apply. If your application is successful, you’ll receive a new credit card, PIN and credit limit. All applications are subject to status and a credit assessment. You can hold no more than two NatWest credit cards at any time.